Monday, November 8, 2010

Day Two - Still not long enough!

After charging (I think) the batteries overnight, John and I installed the unit in the trunk, and began to test operation. John re-assembled the undercarriage covers, etc. so that I could drive the car if needed.

I was able to see the car operating normally with the new kit disconnected. Unfortunately, the lights from the new switch were not lighting. Something was wrong.

I verified as best I understood the wiring connecting to the car's ECU connector. Still no lights.

I connected to power output from the kit to the drive battery, and I got a error warning from the car's computer. I looked at the connectors to the drive battery, and compared them to the instructions. Molded on the Toyota terminal were little + and - symbols, exactly reverse of what the instructions indicated. So, I re- wired according to the instructions.

Trying again I still had no lights on the switch. I don't know what is wrong. My best guess is the wiring at the ECU isn't making a good connection, or the instructions were wrong / mis- understood by me.
a
I have a trip to NYC, and won't be back to continue diagnosing until Friday at the earliest.

Sadness.

No comments:

Post a Comment